“The task of leadership is not to put greatness into people, but to elicit it, for the greatness is there already.”
PURPOSE: As leaders reach their maximum potential, both the department and team benefit. In 2006 The Ken Blanchard Companies began a year-long study to explore the link between leadership effectiveness, employee passion, customer devotion, and organizational vitality. This study identified several key connections:
- Effective operational leadership directly predicts positive employee passion
- Positive employee passion directly predicts customer devotion
- Customer devotion directly predicts organizational vitality
The “Leader – Dynamic Results” (LDR) program delivers essential leadership skills to state government employees. These skills enable leaders to work from a strategic foundation while maintaining a critical eye on results. These work in tandem to form an organization’s vision and culture as well as positively influence employee motivation and customer service. Consistent leadership enables the team to focus on accomplishing department goals and spend less time clarifying issues and resolving office conflict. As a result trust is enhanced at all levels.
These courses are designed for those who are currently non-bargaining unit leaders – both project leads and team leads – as well as those who have leadership skills identified as part of their professional development plan. The courses may be taken individually or in conjunction with other OLPD programs.
PROCESS: You will add new tools and knowledge to your skill set while engaging interactively with your peers. Methods of instruction include: discussions, lecturettes, videos, group activities, experiential cases, and assessments.
PAY-OFF: LDR courses provide you with the abilities and confidence you need to be successful in your current position or to move on to more challenging opportunities. Some LDR courses are prerequisites to other courses and programs offered by the Office of Learning & Professional Development.
Click a link to view:
Leaders-Dynamic Results competencies
Leader-Dynamic Results curriculum
Who Should Attend
- These courses are designed for those who are currently leaders – both project leads and team leads – as well as those who have identified leadership skills as part of their professional development plan. If leadership training is part of your current development plan, then your supervisor’s approval is needed.
- Please follow all your internal agency procedures regarding training prior to registering for all training programs and/or classes.
- Leaders — Dynamic Results courses are offered at no cost and are only open to Ohio government employees who are paid by warrant signed by the Director of Ohio Office of Budget and Management
“To lead people, walk beside them … As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence. The next best, the people honor and praise. The next, the people fear; and the next, the people hate … When the best leader’s work is done the people say, ‘We did it ourselves!”
Leaders — Dynamic Results Competencies
Click the model below to view the Leaders — Dynamic Results competencies. Click to view the Leader-Dynamic Results curriculum.