Specialized mental and behavioral health services are provided under a single program available to employees enrolled in the state’s medical plan. This program is administered by Optum Behavioral Solutions, also known as United Behavioral Health (UBH) Optum provides 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week phone assessment and referral services for a variety of behavioral health issues, such as:
- Anger management;
- chemical dependency;
- Compulsive disorders;
- Marital and family issues;
- Serious mental illnesses; and
Also, the following services are available to members with a medical diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Clinical Therapeutic Intervention administered by or under the supervision of a qualified/approved provider, in accordance with an approved applied behavioral analysis (ABA) treatment plan, for up to 20 hours per week.
- Mental and behavioral outpatient services performed by a psychologist, psychiatrist, physician or board-certified behavior analyst who is licensed/qualified/approved provider for consultation/assessment/development/oversight of treatment plans.
- ABA services must be pre-certified. Treatment that is not pre-certified may result in no coverage.
- ABA services are limited to 20 hours per week, including services provided for a consultation/assessment/development/oversight of ABA treatment plans.