State Personnel Records
The State Personnel Records group is responsible for maintaining certain documents within an employee file for State agencies and completing Verifications of Employment.
General Contact Information
Ohio Department of Administrative Services
Human Resources Division
State Personnel Records
30 E. Broad St., 28th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-0405
Phone: 614-466-7553 Fax: 614-728-0312
Verification of Employment:
State Personnel Records can only verify the following:
o Date of Hire
o Current Classification
o Active or Inactive Status
o Full-Time or Part-Time Status
o Rate of pay
Verifications needing income information beyond rate of pay cannot be completed by HRD and will need to be sent to the Human Resources Office at the Agency where the Employee is currently employed. Agency contact information is located at http://ohio.gov/agencies/
DAS Records Requirements:
The following items are required to be maintained by HRD:
· ePARs and attachments (HRD automatically receives from OAKS)
o HRD does not maintain ePARs in the Discipline ePAR category
· Paper Personnel Actions (PAs) and attachments
· Position Descriptions (PDs)
o Paper PAs & PDs should emailed to email@example.com
· Agencies are instructed to adopt their own records retention schedules in accordance to ORC requirements. Agencies can work with DAS General Services State Records Management Program. http://das.ohio.gov/Portals/0/DASDivisions/DirectorsOffice/pdf/policies/recordsandprinting/RM-01.pdf
· All confidential and medical records should be kept separate from personnel files.
Frequently Asked Questions:
WHO HAS ACCESS TO VIEW AND OBTAIN COPIES OF STATE OF OHIO PERSONNEL FILES?
Certain items in Personnel files are public record and are therefore available to the general public for viewing at no cost.
HOW DO I GET COPIES OF MY PERSONNEL FILE?
Contact the Employee Records office at 614-466-7553 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hard copies are furnished for $0.05 cents per page.
HR Customer Service30 East Broad Street, 28 FloorColumbus, Ohio firstname.lastname@example.orgDriving Directions
Drug Free Workplace
Pay Fiscal Services
State Payroll Processing
State Payroll Letters
Pay Rate Tables
Forms and Publications
Kronos Tutorial for Employees
Kronos Tutorial for Leave Process for Managers
Kronos Tutorial for Managers/Supervisors